Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Easy Run + Speed Loop Stalking

Distance: 7.2 mi.
Time: 54:27.38 - 7:36 ppm.

Whenever I am near the Dilworth speed loop, I make a point to swing through there to spy on check on any of my running mates to see who is putting in the work. Today, I happened to have inside information that Adrienne and Christi would be meeting for some 400-meter repeats, so I began my run from the Dowd and looped through a couple times until I found the ladies.

After bidding good luck  to CC and AA I set off to find "Grumpy Jamaar," who I was told was running and pouting somewhere nearby. I came back to the loop to see the girls come past a couple times, and was told that he had gone to Run For Your Life.

I awkwardly walked into RFYL and asked if they had seen Jamaar.

"Who?"
"Jamaar Valentine. Charlotte Running Club. Runs ultras. You know...Jamaar."
(blank stare)
"He's black and wears really short shorts."
"Oh, Jamaar! Why would he be here? He's at the speed loop."

By the time I got back to the loop, the girls were sweaty, tired, and done, and Jamaar didn't look all that grumpy. Adrienne had crushed about ten repeats.

Despite what I thought was a pretty good sales pitch, we failed to convince our friends to join us at the weekly Runner's Lunch. As for my run, I felt far from fresh as this now made about 28 miles in 36 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment