Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Same Workout, Different Day

Warmup: 3.1 mi in 23:58 - 7:38 ppm.
Workout: 5.0 mi in 32:28.3 - ~6:30 ppm.
Coolown: 1.45 mi in 11:46 - 8:08 ppm.

By no design of my own, I missed Monday and Tuesday. So if you're scoring at home, I am well on my way to following a 30-mile week with another down week - five weeks into a twelve-week marathon cycle, no less.

I am always going to call myself a slacker, but despite these misgivings I am not worried. I am gaining confidence as a runner. As for this week, tonight was a great start and I still have four more days to put in work, with new shoes and a recovered foot.

I showed up to the Met for the customary Tuesday tempo, a day late but no dollars short. I felt pretty good and just tried to push a but without straining. The average was 6:29; the fastest split was a 6:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment