Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

P Stone Double

Distance: 4.41 mi.
Time: 30:35 - 6:57 ppm.

This run occurred over an hour after I was done at McAlpine, and after my cooldown, so I'm calling today a double. I joined the Charlotte Runners at the Philosopher's Stone. I wasn't really interested in the costume run shenanigans; today was my workout day and I had some unfinished business. I had cut my workout short but given some time to recover I was determined to go hard on this run if I was feeling fresh.

I started off easy with Jeremy Gray and Jim Cristini (Jim and Thomas Long were running in costumes) but when we hit the hill on Dotger, I took off. There were some fast guys who showed up for this one but I had caught everyone else shortly after crossing Laurel. It was tonight's run that led to me realizing that the map on Meetup was wrong. I thought I had run the right route in the wrong direction last week but apparently there is another whole loop that I had left out. The guy behind me was kind enough to yell out instructions every time I wandered in the wrong direction. My splits for this run were 7:27, 6:34, 6:34, 7:08, and 2:50 (6:59 pace for the last 0.41).

I had one beer and some food with the group, then I bounced. I'm ready to hunker down, rest, and get focused for the big day. It's right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment