Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

First P-Stone Run

Distance: ~9 mi. total.
Time: ?? Forgot to charge Running Buddy.

I had forgotten to charge my Garmin, so I wouldn't have it at my disposal today. I had decided to show up to the Meetup group's "Infamous P-Stone Run" at the Philosopher's Stone tonight. I wanted to get in my marathon workout of MGP, repeats, then tempo pace, using the group run as the tempo.

Without the watch I just tried to guess my distance based on what I know of the area and go on feel for the pace. I ran slow for a mile or more and then gauged what I thought to be MGP for the next two miles. After a brief rest I decided to run two times one mile hard, up and down Colville, which is just under a mile. I felt pretty good on this rolling street. I got done and ran back, getting to the P Stone before the group had taken off.

We walked down Caswell and then over to Greenway, where once again someone organized everyone to start. I had taken a mental picture of the course map just in case nobody else felt like running fast. I was warmed up and wanting to finish on a high note, so I took off down Greenway, up Dotger, over to Vail, and across Laurel. It was here that I apparently "got lost" by continuing on Colville down to Twiford. I wouldn't realize this until a week later, but I didn't actually get lost, I just ran the route listed above and that's apparently not the correct route anymore.

At any rate, I was flying. Without the Garmin I always run too fast rather than too slow. Afterwards, a guy named Ross told me he was 7:06 pace and guessed I finished two minutes ahead of him. So I dunno. But I felt good. All things considered I was a bit disorganized today but got in a great workout nonetheless. I wish I had the Running Buddy details to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment