Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Botched Tempo Run

Warmup: 1.93 mi. in 15:10 - 7:52 ppm.
Tempo: 4.68 mi. in 32:07 - 6:52 ppm.
Cooldown: 0.71 mi. in 6:31 - 9:11 ppm.

I do a lot better when I run in the mornings, which is a good thing considering race times, and not the case today. I hadn't eaten much, had plans to go out for Mexican food later, and could not think about anything other than enchiladas and burritos and Dos Equis and the excellent company I would soon enjoy. It showed...

I started at Old Bell but planned to run up Boyce and through the hilly neighborhoods nearby to really test myself on this one. Well, I started out way too fast, which always dooms me. I opened with a 6:41 mile on the hilliest part of the whole route and soon came undone. My left shin started bothering me; this would be my last run in the old Pegasus. I ended up averaging 6:52 per mile which would be decent if I didn't call the workout after fewer than five miles. Some days you're the windshield, and some days you're the bug. Oh well, 'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment