Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Last Big One of the TR Cycle

Distance: 20 mi.
Time: 2:33:15 - 7:40 ppm.

Today would be the last big long run of my Thunder Road cycle. I regrettably failed to update my gel inventory; however, thanks to Katie's family I had gorged myself on sandwiches, chicken nuggets, strawberries, steak, shrimp, a baked potato, bread, and other things yesterday at Appalachian State's homecoming football game. I brought a clif bar to munch on at my halfway point but found myself more than full of energy on this one.

I would run nearly the same route I did for my first 20-miler, at least at the start, by running through Lansdowne to Providence. I went through Sardis Forest and instead of getting lost just continued on to Sardis North this time. Then, I ran the full Old Bell loop. I had wanted to incorporate some hills into this one, and got that done. After taking on some fluids just past mile 10, I headed up to Boyce to run through the hills of this neighborhood. All told I basically spent the first 14-plus on hilly roads before finishing up on the trails. I had stopped to stretch a good bit due to more muscle tightness, but all in all I felt pretty good. My fastest split was a 7:04 at mile 18 and I was still able to finish at 7:31. 

No comments:

Post a Comment