Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Slow, Fast, Slow: A Leg-Mover.

Distance: 9.15 mi.
Time: 1:06:58.39 - 7:19 ppm.
Workout: 2.5 miles medium pace, 5 miles tempo pace, 2.5 miles cooldown.
Splits: 7:30, 7:29, 7:05, 6:57, 6:56, 6:52, 7:14, 7:48, 7:51, 1:13.

Ah, a workout. It's been two weeks - how have you been? The goal today was to steal a page from David Brinkley's training plan and do 10 miles total with 5 miles at tempo pace. Normally, that would mean about 6:40 per mile, but I knew not to expect that today. Really, I just wanted to get the legs moving again, and I accomplished that goal. I'm pleased with the proceedings of the day.

McAlpine had been rendered a mud-wrecked, rip-roaring rapids adventure center by a week's worth of rain in Charlotte, so I made a poor choice in venue today, but my heel enjoyed the soft surface. More importantly, my heel didn't hurt at all after 3 miles. I applied some cold therapy after the workout, but then I had to go work a valet shift at one of my clients' restaurants, so as I write this it feels stiff. But I'm encouraged that it's only a minor setback and that it will go away soon. I will practice my due diligence this time, though - unlike last year.

1 comment: