Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Shoe Shopping

I have been running - either competitively or recreationally - for a good bit of my life, and I have never spent my own money or my parents' money on a pair of running shoes not made by Nike. However, when you get injured for the first time, you begin to question things, and so here I found myself at the Run For Your Life in Dilworth asking "Ben" to examine my stride and put me in a pair of shoes. Ben said I had a pretty natural stride, which means I could wear a neutral shoe, but having heard me complain about fighting my Nikes to get them broken in, and always re-lacing them, he thought I needed something that would fit the foot a little more snugly. Enter the Brooks Defyance. Now, I realize RFYL has a tendency to push Brooks, so don't worry, I made Ben show me the Nike Lunar Glide and a pair of more comfortable Nike trainers as well. The Brooks just felt so much better. I felt I wouldn't have to obsess over getting the laces exactly the way I wanted them and could just freakin' run. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Let's run!

No comments:

Post a Comment