Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Garmin Glory

No more spending 30 minutes mapping out an exact route before a run. No more guessing my pace until I hit a mile mark. No more not knowing where any of the mile marks are. No more...I could go on and on, but you get the idea: things are going to be different for me from now on. I set the Garmin to record each mile I ran as a "lap" and to alert me each time I hit a mile. It records distance, pace, total time, and maps where I run. All I have to do is hook it to a PC via USB and all the data pulls up.

I ran 5 miles today, and while my splits and pacing were inconsistent, I was able to comfortably average 7:24 pace for an easy run, which is very good. That's about where I was last fall when I was actually pretty fast. The speed will take awhile, but it's good to know I haven't lost too much.

Here are the details. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment