Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Booty Loop and Greenway Attempt

Today, I decided I wanted to run the Booty Loop and the Little Sugar Creek Greenway. I started off down Queens Road at a leisurely pace. A Cadillac had pulled out in front of me, forcing me to stop and dodge it, a few moments earlier, and at the next intersection I found myself literally jumping out of the way of this exact same Cadillac. As you can imagine, I did not appreciate this, and I then did something I don't ever recommend anyone doing: I closed-fist smacked the back of the car, and when the astonished driver turned around to glare at me, I let him know exactly what was going to happen to him if he pulled out in front of me again. I am not proud of my actions, and I am certainly not bragging about this; however, I would like to use this incident to show that things are starting to get back to normal - I'm running, thinking about how I can get faster, and trying to save the world one bad driver at a time. I had been in some sort of personal funk for the last four months, and I'm rapidly snapping out of it with every mile on the pavement. I don't know what it is with me and running, but it just makes me a different person. It's like a drug or something. Maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to put it into words. Or maybe I just needed to let out some aggression? Ha.

Anyway, I didn't think about the fact that the previous night's rain would keep me off the greenway - as it was flooded - but I managed to get in a solid six miles. After the run, I downed a Gatorade and a protein shake and realized I needed some new shoes as soon as possible.

Stats

No comments:

Post a Comment