Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pre-BRR Shakeout

Distance: 5.18 mi.
Time: 40:23.
Pace: 7:48.

I set off for the Blue Ridge Relay tomorrow, and since I (sort of) did a workout yesterday I thought I'd shake the legs out today. I wanted to see what uptown (yes, I've given in) looked like before the Democratic National Convention skipped town. I got turned around on the light rail path because of construction but got back on it later and cruised around the center city. There wasn't much to see - Charlotte is literally dead except for the convention. Many people have taken the way off to avoid dealing with the mess of traffic and roadblocks that they would otherwise encounter on the way in to work.

As for the run, I felt pretty good - maybe a little tight but nothing too bad. I'm as ready as I'm going to be for Blue Ridge, so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment