Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Decent Tempo Effort

Distance: 7.3 mi.

Warmup: 2.3 mi.
Workout: 3.9-mile cruise run.
Cooldown: 1.1 mi.

I didn't work tonight because my car is in the shop, and so I did manage to get in a brief run. I wanted to test the legs again to make sure I could survive Blue Ridge. I'm not really sure what I was hoping to find but I wasn't terribly disappointed with the effort.

7:00, 6:36, 6:51, 6:28 (for 0.9). 6:55 ppm.

I got my hips low and was able to glide across the sidewalk, as I tend to try to do, for the flat mile two as I ran this on parts of the Charlotte Runners' Tuesday night loop. That's not a very good description of my ideal stride but perhaps you get the idea. It was hot and humid and I felt tight, again, but I think I did all right. I didn't want to push too badly in anticipation of Blue Ridge. Really, I understand there's nothing I can do to help my fitness level at this point; I just want to get my body somewhat used to hurting and pushing through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment