Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Running out the Kinks

9.92 mi.
1:14:56 - 7:34 ppm.

I didn't do any kind of recovery run after the Turkey Trot (aside from a cooldown on race day, of course) and I came to regret on today's long run. I met Mike Mitchell at Old Bell and prepared to get through a painful 8-12 miles.

We watched as several of our friends came rolling through upon finishing a workout - Hovis, Paul, Jason Martin, and a few more - then met Alex Wernikoff and Matt Rich, who each decided to join us.

Matt picked our brains about our recent marathon experiences. It's always nice to be able to listen to and get feedback from an old marathon warrior like Matt (who, I'd like to add, is faster than all of us despite being 50 years old).

Once again, though, I was hurting on this one - just tight and sore from running the Turkey Trot and failing to do a recovery run.

No comments:

Post a Comment