Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Pre-Race Shakeout

Distance: 3.33 mi.
Time: 24:35 - 7:22 ppm.

I met my running friends at Fuel Pizza downtown, then went to check out the expo and pick up my packet. Really, I just went to pick up my packet because there wasn't much to see at the expo. Everyone says the Thunder Road expo is pretty weak; I would counter that by saying the event itself is weak and the expo simply reflects that. I can only imagine how badly the race directors screwed themselves by changing the date this year. Someone told me there were 1,500 runners registered for the full marathon and I think she was exaggerating.

After I got home I slapped on the Nikes and went for a short stroll through my neighborhood. Actually, I ran down Colville, which is the third mile of the course. I felt very fresh and had to hold back a bit from running too fast. This was obviously a great sign.

Nutrition-wise, I didn't really start planning for this race until Thursday night, and that would be a harbinger of things to come. For today I had eggs, bacon, grits, and strawberries for breakfast, a chicken caesar salad for lunch, and several helpings of tilapia, rice, and green beans for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment