Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

"12 the Hard Way"

7.8 mi.
1:06:08 - 8:31 ppm.

My friend Jamaar Valentine, a certified crazy person, is training for the Uwharrie ultra late winter 2012, and decided to take advantage of some time off from work by running for twelve consecutive hours on the Booty Loop. You can go back and read that if you want to, just to make sure you read it correctly, but I assure you I'm not making this up. The fact that he actually did it - and got a small army of support along the way - is something you couldn't make up.

I had planned to join him to help out for a bit shortly after lunch. I parked my car at Freedom Park and began jogging up the loop in an attempt to catch him. It didn't take long before I spotted a black guy running with a blonde and another dude. As I got closer I realized it was Jamaar with John Fillette and Rebecca Thomason. We all ran together for a bit, and when I rejoined after a pit stop at the park I was greeted by Allison Reed and Emily Hansen. We made a stop at headquarters - Kati Robertson's house - and then continued on. I left the group to see if I could get one of my employees to work for me on short notice. I was inspired by Jamaar's efforts and all the help he was getting and I wanted to come back for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment