Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lake Park epic fail

Eggers and I once again exchanged workout ideas for the week of September 20, and I decided to do a 2x3-mile workout with 4 minutes rest in between.  The goals were set relatively high, as I intended to come through the first set at mile times of 6:45, 6:45, and 6:30.  After the rest, the second set would be 6:30, 6:30, 6:15 or under. 

Sadly, I failed...miserably.  We can blame it on the fact that I had come down with a mild stomach virus the day before and was running on empty, or the fact that because of the work schedule I had to do this in the 95-degree heat again.  Either way, I sucked, coming through the first set in 6:42 (after starting way too fast in a half of 2:55), 6:56, and 7:02.  After four minutes of walking, jogging, stretching, and cursing, I threw myself back into the second set and came through in 7:02, 7:27, and 6:43.  Yikes!!  At least I finished strong again, but it's clear I'm still learning how to pace myself and that I'm having trouble getting through the mental blocks that show up in the middle sets.  Back to the drawing board....

No comments:

Post a Comment